February 9, 2012

DimSum HK: Take 2

Of course this was going to happen. It was only a matter of time. I'll try to keep the commentary to a minimum & photographs to a maximum, yes?
Din Tai Fung is a delish dim sum restaurant in Causeway Bay that originates from Taiwan. Their specialty are steamed buns (my favorite) & have a wide range of dishes for any/all guests. While it was slightly pricier than the previous dirt-cheap dim sum establishments I've visited (with 4 people, we paid approx $120HK each) the customer service they provide is ABOVE&BEYOND. All servers (trust me, there are A LOT of them) are constantly eyeing you, checking for tea refills, coat coverings & even have small benches for purses to fit underneath the table (aka not leave your bag on the ground). Adorbs. Here is what we ate...



this pork dumpling is what they are famous for... just oozing goodness







so great

they have some great vegetarian options too



shrimp wonton things...just great


we came. we ate. we conquered.

Next Dim Sum on the list; San Hing which is conveniently located in Kennedy Town (super close to my residence). This location is known by other students (and locals...I'm assuming) as the 3am dim sum because it only opens at 3am (clever name... I know) and closes at 3pm. Let me just say, this tiny, unassuming & hole-in-the-wall-like place is absolutely TO DIE FOR. Their specialty/what they're famous for is their yellow custard bun - make sure to get it HOT (it will taste that much better). 

round I


getting right in there





round II 


these are FOR SURE my favorite (BBQ pork buns)


yellow custard bun...



i just liked this pic

No comments:

Post a Comment