March 13, 2012

Gold Coast

 Aahhh well, what can I say about the Gold Coast? It's amazing? Fantastic? Everything you could ever ask for? Well, not far from it. If you're looking for gorgeous beaches, surfers everywhere you look & a beautiful getaway from "real life", you'll probably be quite content in going to Gold Coast. I absolutely adored my time & to be honest I was a little surprised. Australia was never a destination high on my travel to-do priority list but after this trip it has definitely been bumped up there. Most of my days were spent at the beach (naturally) or perusing near the little neighborhoods near the beach or visiting the typical touristy spots (gotta do it). To be honest, I wanted to make sure I went a little bit of everywhere to really get a grasp of the land/sea & its beauty.
The first few days were a bit rainy/weather was not cooperating, so I explored here&there & found myself at the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary which is a great little park to visit. As you can see in the pictures, I was able to interact with many animals. It was grand. On one of the first sunny/gorgeous/perfect days I headed to Surfers Paradise to wander around the shops & beach & enjoy the gorgeous sun rays on my ever-so-pale (not really) skin. I returned a few days later & walked down to Broadbeach & again just enjoyed my book & tunes (oh & of course all the surfers). Another day was spent in Burleigh Heads, where I was a beach bum (another duh) and checked out some awesome eclectic shops, vintage stores, used book stores & some delish ice cream. At one point I was told to head to Tweed Heads & Kingscliff so off I went. That was possibly one of my favorite day trips since I was able to discover a local favorite (kingscliff) and I fell upon two very interesting "competitions" happening on the beach. Beach flags & some sort of boat racing thing. It was pretty great to witness both of these activities & take some great action shots. Finally, on my final day I went with some new friends to Mermaid Beach area & had a DELICIOUS meal at Vintage Espresso (cafe I mentioned here). The inside of the cafe was unreal & so refreshing. We checked out some vintage shops & walked along the beach to Miami Beach & Burleigh. So in a nutshell, that was my Aussie trip. There's more (of course) but I'm trying to be BRIEF...clearly failed. Anywhoo, enjoy the pictures :)



feeding time @ the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary


I made a friend :)

either smiling at me or planning to eat me...could go either way really

feeding some birdies

Currumbin Beach shots

Lunch view from Currumbin Surfer Club

view from Arthurroom

view from the back porch, not baaaad

Surfers Paradise, at lastttttt

surfers @ surfers... how appropriate

saw these guys everywhere...not sure what they were doing but somehow catching fish on the beach?

catching some waves

surfers in the sand

hello Burleigh

Burleigh Heads beaching it


end of day=surfers come out to play

girl surfers just rocking it

stumbled upon a massive beach vball @ surfers


Broadbeach

casual creepage

my little beach setup

surfers @ broadbeach

huge wave

kingscliff

 
beach flags comp

the dive....

and the aftermath


not sure WHAT this was, but lots of people came out for it



Tweed Heads


welcome to paradise

cute little bay

rainbow bay

coolangatta

vintage espresso inside



cute little vintage shop

love the idea of this

another great home inspiration

old school




just a classic

mermaid beach

miami beach

miami beach & surfers in the back

burleigh heads

and that was aussie my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment